Students! Move your learning to launching! The Center for Entrepreneurship through the Jones Milestone Accelerator program is offering up to $20,000 to three teams to move their business project forward to launch. The program is hybrid and will allow some work to be virtual.
You have your team. Your beta test was a success. You know your market. You are ready for the next step. The Jones Milestone Accelerator is that step.
Headed by WSU’s Center for Entrepreneurship, this 10 week accelerator program helps student-led ventures set a path to success.
Accepted teams will get:
- coached by a personalized team of entrepreneurial mentors
- receive stipends to support their work
- connect with WSU’s extensive network of corporate and community partners
- gain access to legal credit through Lee & Hayes (up to $3,000)
- have access to a co-working space on WSU’s campus
Upon completion of the program, teams who have met their milestones will also receive up to $20,000 in non-dilutive funding to get their ventures to the next growth stage.
- Friday, May 5 by 11:59 p.m. (PDT): One-page Executive Summary + pitch deck + 2-min video with all team members pitching the “why” your team should be selected to participate in the JMA. Submit to: email@example.com
- Team interviews and pitches will take place the week of May 8-12 and selected teams will be announced by Monday, May 15.
- 10-week program starts on Monday, May 22 and runs through July 28
- Students must be available for the in-person Pitch Demo event on Thursday, September 14 in Pullman, WA.
MORE ABOUT THE PROGRAM
- For the 2022 academic year, up to four teams will be selected to participate in the Jones Milestone Accelerator. Acceptance to the program is contingent upon all participating team members’ commitment to moving their venture forward to the next stage.
- The program is a 10-week intensive from May 23rd through July 29th and will be both in person and virtual (as necessary).
- At least 1 Founder(s) of your company MUST be either a Washington State University student (undergraduate, graduate, post-doc) or recent alumni (graduated within the last 5 years). Team members from all WSU degree programs and campuses are eligible to apply.
- Previous participation in entrepreneurial competitions and programs is preferred, but not required.
PROGRAM GUIDELINES & BENEFITS
- All applying teams must be prepared to submit an executive summary and slide/pitch deck and 2-min team video. After the initial application screening, prospective teams will be asked to present to the program director before being accepted.
- To allow teams to commit full-time to their company for the duration of the program, each participating team member will receive a needs-based stipend to assist them with business and/or living expenses during their participation in the program. The amount of these stipends will be determined in consultation with the program director.
- Each team will be assigned a dedicated group of mentors and a coworking space in the Commons Building on WSU’s Pullman campus.
- Teams will hold 6 bi-weekly meetings with their mentors to receive coaching, set milestones, and monitor progress. In addition, the Teams will meet weekly with Program Director for internal team progress reports.
- Additional workshops and programming will be required throughout the program.
- CEOs must also complete a final report and program survey on behalf of their team at the conclusion of the program.
SPECIAL THANKS TO
Each year JMA awards many different prizes to student companies. Read our past participants for information on each year’s companies, and below find out more about some of our students in our JMA Spotlights.