Watch the JMA pitch demo here!
Meet the 2021 JMA Teams!
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Investment Officer
Chief Compliance Officer
Chief Operations Officer
Students! You still can move your learning to launching! We are offering up to $20,000 to three teams to move their project forward to launch. The program will allow work to continue virtually.
You have your team. Your beta test was a success. You know your market. You are ready for the next step. The Jones Milestone Accelerator is it.
Headed by WSU’s Center for Entrepreneurship, this six-month accelerator program that helps student-led ventures set a path to success. Accepted teams will be coached by a personalized team of entrepreneurial mentors, receive stipends to support their work, connect with WSU’s extensive network of corporate and community partners, gain access to legal credit through Lee & Hayes, and have access to a co-working space on WSU’s campus. Upon completion of the program, teams who have met their milestones will also receive up to $20,000 in additional funding to get their ventures to the next growth stage.
- Check back next semester (spring 2022) for updated dates!
MORE ABOUT THE PROGRAM
- For the 2022 academic year, up to four teams will be selected to participate in the Jones Milestone Accelerator. Acceptance to the program is contingent upon all participating team members’ commitment to moving their venture forward to the next stage.
- The program is a 10-week intensive from May 24th through July 30th conducted virtually.
- At least 1 Founder(s) of your company MUST be either a Washington State University student (undergraduate, graduate, post-doc) or recent alumni (graduated within the last 5 years). Team members from all WSU degree programs and campuses are eligible to apply.
- Previous participation in entrepreneurial competitions and programs is preferred, but not required.
PROGRAM GUIDELINES & BENEFITS
- All applying teams must be prepared to submit a business plan and slide deck. After the initial application screening, prospective teams will be asked to present to the program director before being accepted.
- To allow teams to commit full-time to their company for the duration of the program, each participating team member will receive a stipend to assist them with business and/or living expenses during their participation in the program. The amount of these stipends will be determined in consultation with the program director.
- Each team will be assigned a dedicated group of mentors and a coworking space in the Commons Building on WSU’s Pullman campus.
- Teams will hold 6 bi-weekly meetings with their mentors to receive coaching, set milestones, and monitor progress. In addition, the Teams will meet weekly with Program Director for internal team progress reports.
- Additional workshops and programming will be required throughout the program.
- CEOs must also complete a final report and program survey on behalf of their team at the conclusion of the program.
SPECIAL THANKS TO