Students! You still have the opportunity to move your learning to launch! In response to COVID-19, the JMA will still be offering up to $30,000 to three teams to move their project forward to startup. The program will allow work to continue virtually. Apply Now!
You have your team. Your beta test was a success. You know your market. You are ready for the next step. The Jones Milestone Accelerator is it.
Headed by WSU’s Center for Entrepreneurial Studies, this six-month accelerator program that helps student-led ventures set a path to success. Accepted teams will be coached by a personalized team of entrepreneurial mentors, receive stipends to support their work, connect with WSU’s extensive network of corporate and community partners, gain access to legal credit through Lee & Hayes, and have access to a coworking space on WSU’s campus. Upon completion of the program, teams who have met their milestones will also receive up to $20,000 in additional funding to get their ventures to the next growth stage.
More About the Program
- For the 2020-2021 academic year, up to three teams will be selected to participate in the Jones Milestone Accelerator. Acceptance to the program is contingent upon all participating team members’ commitment to moving their venture forward to the next stage.
- The first three months of this program take place in Pullman, Washington. All team members must be able to meet in person in Pullman on a monthly basis until August.
- The Founder/Team Lead of your company MUST be either a Washington State University student or an alumna/us who has graduated within the last five years. Team members from all WSU degree programs and campuses are eligible to apply.
- Previous participation in entrepreneurial competitions and programs is preferred, but not required.
Program Guidelines & Benefits
- All applying teams must be prepared to submit a business plan and slide deck. After the initial application screening, prospective teams will be asked to present to program administrators before being accepted.
- To allow teams to commit full-time to their company for the duration of the program, each participating team member will receive a stipend to assist them with business and/or living expenses during their participation in the program. The amount of these stipends will be determined in consultation with the program administrators.
- Each team will be assigned a dedicated group of mentors and a coworking space in the Commons Building on WSU’s Pullman campus.
- Teams will hold monthly meetings with their mentors to receive coaching, set milestones, and monitor progress. All team members must be able to meet in person on a monthly basis in Pullman, Washington, through August. After that time, team members may work remotely, but must continue to maintain a monthly meeting schedule with their mentor team.
- All team members must return to Pullman at the conclusion of the program for a Pitch Demo during Global Entrepreneurship Week (Mid-November 2020).
- Additional workshops and programming may also be required throughout the program.
- CEOs must also complete a final report and program survey on behalf of their team at the conclusion of the program
Application Deadline: April 17
Screening Round Presentations: April 22-24
Accepted Teams Notified: May 1
SPECIAL THANKS TO