Each year BPC awards many different prizes to student competitors. Not only do the top 3 teams receive prize money, but there are also various merit prizes awarded to teams in different categories. BPC competitors have gone on to pursue their business ideas, join other startups, and secure job offers in various sectors utilizing the knowledge and experiences gained through BPC. Read our Press releases for information on each year’s winners, and below find out more about some of our students in our Winner Spotlights.
Student venture teams’ ideas ring in success at annual business plan competition
WSU College League
We saw fierce competition this year and would like to congratulate all participants for all their hard work and dedication.
We are delighted to announce the winning teams of the WSU Collegiate League competition:
- Bloom – The app that closes the opportunity gap for first-generation college students with access to hyper-local scholarship matches.
- DWN – DWN is a social media platform that helps college students find things to do around their campus.
- GUT Check – Personalized health and fitness regimens based on food sensitivity testing through an APP.
- Syr’s Signature Creations – Content creation, Specialty cheesecake sales
- SpotKeep – SpotKEEP is a peer-to-peer mobile application that connects those in need of parking to those who have parking available for rent.
High School League
- Perfect Pillow (Sammamish High School) – A pillow made for you.
- Coals Lumber Co (Mead senior high school) – Firewood and professional tree removal company.
- Freeze on the Go (Mead High School) – Freeze on the Go is a portable icepack that is battery-powered.
- Frozen Games (Mead senior High school) – Combines frozen yogurt and casual or competitive gaming for a unique dining and social experience.
- The Forge Jewelers (Mead High School) – An online Jewelry store selling rings, earrings, and pennants for necklaces, along with request submissions from customers.
- Ultropia (University Of Washington) – Ultropia is developing the first ultrasonic all-in-one washer and dryer to help people with limited infrastructure gain access to laundry machines.