The WSU Center for Entrepreneurship is excited to announce a partnership with Washington State Athletics to expand the Cougar Pursuit initiative, which assists WSU student-athletes to fully capitalize on their Name, Image and Likeness (NIL).
“The Center for Entrepreneurship aims to empower all WSU Cougars to become drivers of innovation in their own lives, careers and communities,” said Marie Mayes, CE director. “We have a range of programming to offer student-athletes and are excited to support WSU Athletics in this endeavor!”
Check out the press release here.
Congratulations to the 2021 Business Plan Competition Winners!
- Unkle Drew’z Ginger Sauce, $15,000
A dressing, dip and marinade for all foods.
- AnyLease, $10,000
A platform that helps people navigate leases in a digital setting
- 3D Innovations and Academics, $7,000
A service-based business providing an educational platform and collaborative community for a wide range of age groups exploring 3D printing.
- Accustomed Accommodations, $4,000
A business offering affordable housing by using upcycled materials with self-sustaining, add-on features.
- Cleantech Kiosk, $2,000
A fully autonomous kiosk to clean personal electronics.
- Groove, $5,000
A database of companies’ information related to sustainability that rates carbon emissions, fair trade and waste impact products.
MERIT PRIZE WINNERS:
- Best Written Plan: Unkle Drew’z Ginger Sauce, $2,500
- Best Presentation: BOSSSecurity, $2,500
- Best Technology Venture: Cleantech Kiosk, $2,500
- Best Social Impact Business (four-way tie): Accustomed Accommodations, Gifted Threads, Groove, Med-I-Equip, $625 each
- BECU Best FinTech: AnyLease, $5,000
HIGH SCHOOL LEAGUE:
- Red Thread Unraveled, $5,000
Subscription and gift boxes for Chinese adoptees with the goal of strengthening and maintaining an adoptee’s cultural connection to China.
- Mi Amor Confections, $2,000
A business selling wholesale and retail macarons.
- Herny’s Lawn Care, $1,000
A small, residential lawn care business in north Spokane.
- Highland Espresso, $500
A coffee shop within the prime location of Five Mile Prairie.
- Pick Up Games, $250
An app for arranging pick up sports games.